Friday, April 1, 2011

If You Are Happy And You Know It Clap Your Hands

Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap.  You get the point.  I am happy today. Joyful.  Giddy. Content. Whatever word you want to use to describe my mood. I'm in a good mood. It has truly been a wonderful day for many reasons and for absolutely no reason at all.  Days like today are gifts that help us make through the not-so-great-days. I am thankful for the gift of today.

I started my day off by observing one of my favorite school year traditions.  I met G for breakfast.  We meet every Friday to catch up, chat, vent, and kick start our Friday.  We have been working together for six years now, and our Friday breakfasts never fail to start my day off right. The breakfasts feed my spirit as well as my body.

Today was a special day in my AP classes.  It was the day that my students take their final reading quiz of the year; they have finished reading the entire textbook cover-to-cover.  They were proud; they were tired. They brought food - doughnuts, chips, fresh fruit, soda. It was a day of celebration. They accomplished their first goal.  Now, we begin reviewing for their AP exam.  Students who receive passing scores on the exam receive college credit. They are prepared or they will be by May 6th..

Next, I had Student Council.  If you have read this blog before, you know that I love Student Council and that I love them more on days they are productive.  Today, things were marked off the list. The presentation of robes ceremony is coming together.  The senior slideshow is coming together.  Powderpuff is coming together.  I even had time to practice my narration for the Easter Contata which is all about God's love.  Just repeating the words celebrating Jesus' gift to us makes me smile.  God is so good!

During planning, I had a short visit with a friend, watched a video off the Crazy Love website reminding us how amazing God is, planned Monday's lesson, and worked on Tuesday's test.  I was productive while feeding my soul.

After work, I stopped by the bank to set up a savings account just for Paris.  Yes, I am actually going in a couple of years.  I need to do that for myself. I don't need to win the lottery to do it though.

I also stopped by Wingard Jewelers to look at rings.  My house was robbed in September and they took everything of value from the house.  We have been blessed to replace the things that needed replacing.  However, my jewelry was stolen.  This bothers me for many reasons, but the one that keeps resonating with me is that I no longer have a ring to pass down to my grandchildren.  I had always planned on giving Taylor the engagement ring that his dad gave me.  It was a beautiful carat solitaire with a sapphire wrap around it, but someone else has it now. Someone who doesn't deserve it or understand that it was given in love. However, I have decided to not let the thieves steal the idea of an heirloom for future generations from me.  I want to buy a statement ring to pass down.  Wingards is having a fantastic sale.  All rings are half off and they offer layaway.  I found a ring.  I didn't buy it.... yet. It's being held for the next week while I think it over. I like to ponder purchases for awhile... It's a cluster ring, so it's not nearly as valuable as the solitaire that was stolen.  It is beautiful though. I can see myself passing it down after wearing it for the next 50 years.  I might just have to buy it...

It's been a wonderful day.  I am happy.  The future doesn't look as scary as it did when I started this blog. I can actually see a future; that's definitely a step in the right direction.  Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap.

No comments:

Post a Comment