Friday, April 15, 2011

Spring Break Has Arrived!

Spring Break.  The words alone make me smile.  As a college student, the words conjure up images of beach trips, wild parties, bikini-clad girls and buff beach guys.  All that youth trying to live life to the fullest. I am not that college kid though.  Spring break means a time to relax, catch up with friends, and sleep. The break recharges me so I can live life to the fullest.  Same idea, different strategies. I'm older now.  I know that life is not a sprint; it's a marathon.

My plans for Spring Break are incredibly simply. I plan to sleep late and take naps.  I constantly say that I am tired.  This is the week that I can catch up on sleep. I plan to read.  I love to read, and although I must read 93 APUSH essays sometime during the next week, I also plan to read magazine articles, novels, juicy details.... I want to travel to places far far away in my mind through the pages of the books. I want to read other people's thoughts, to live their lives for a brief time, to explore.  There is something magical about reading. I plan to catch up with friends.  Reading is magical, but so is laughter shared with friends.  I want to laugh and laugh and laugh.

Let the college kids party and bake their bodies in the sun. I want to savor the parts of life I love.... and sleep a lot. Then, I want to count down the days until summer...

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love reading your blog!!! Thanks sooooo much for all your help this week! Hope you have a relaxing Spring Break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I enjoy writing it! Your lesson was great, and I can't wait to hear that you are a NBCT!! Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete