Friday, March 18, 2011

A Beautiful Day in Charleston


Rainbow Row
 This weekend, I am chaperoning Student Council at the State Conference in Charleston and we came a little early to explore the city. Charleston is an absolutely beautiful city. It is absolutely beautiful and full of history. I wouldn't mind spending large amounts of time here if my entire family wasn't in the Upstate.   When Taylor is stationed far away, maybe I will relocate here for a little while... Something to think about .

It's been a really long day, but we had beautiful weather.  This morning we parked and walked to the battery, to the market, to King's street, and back again.  We laughed the entire time. This is Kathryn and Maggie walking ahead. They're not headed anywhere special, but I thought this was a cool shot.  Maybe, just maybe I will get around to taking that photography class one day.

 
 This is the entire group.  Amazing, amazing, amazing kids.  I am blessed every day to work with them.  If you look closely, you can see that Andrew (on the far left) is holding a lizard that he caught this morning. It's been that kind of day.
 This is a dolphin that came right up to us while we were relaxing at the pier.  Actually, I think he felt badly for me since there were dolphins jumping everywhere and I kept missing the shots because I was so excited to see them that I forgot to take the picture.  This one came close, stayed right below the water so we could see him, and then jumped.  It was like he was saying... get ready.  Sometimes we all need a little help and a little time away...

1 comment:

  1. looks like everyone is having a blast...enjoy the warm sunshine

    ReplyDelete