Saturday, March 19, 2022

What Will Your Puzzle Pieces Say?

Sometimes what you get is so much more than you expect... Yesterday, I posted asking for help to raise enough money for a down payment on Oma's House. 140 1/2 puzzle pieces were purchased. That is AMAZING! 860 more pieces to go!

However, when two of my former students that I taught 15 years apart purchased the first few pieces, my heart swelled. I love both of them dearly. I asked them what they wanted on their puzzle pieces and both gave me a Bible verse. 

Madison asked for Jeremiah 29:11. "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Man, let that be the first thing someone asks to be included on your puzzle and see if your heart does not about bust. God has plans to give me a hope and a future. Not just me, but you too. 

Tasha asked for Proverbs 24:3. "By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established." How incredibly fitting is that! 

Jed gave next. I adore Jed and have watched him change random people's lives. A couple of Christmases ago, he collected for a server because he felt called to do it. It was my favorite part of that Christmas. Just watching people give out of kindness. He changed her life. Jed speaks truth and does not run from confrontation. His entire career is to inject fun into teaching. Go check out the Playful Classroom. He wrote that! He asked to have "Treat others as you would want them to treat you" written on his pieces. I live my life by that rule!  So does Jed and so do a lot of my friends. 

I knew that this was going to be a special puzzle at that moment. Then, it got even better. Amy asked for her pieces to say "I see the S" which literally made me laugh out loud. When a group of us were in Boston for NCSS, we went exploring on the Freedom Trail. It was beyond freezing and we were trying to walk back to the hotel. We walked and walked and walked and finally we could see the S on our hotel. We were so joyful. Just in case you didn't know, that hotel was still a loooooong way away. It's one of my favorite memories though. I am so glad laughter was added.

Adair added more laughter when she asked for her piece to say RUFUS. When I taught Adair, I was a new teacher and I came across one of those lessons that sounds wonderful to new teachers and new teachers only. We were going to recreate the Constitutional Convention. Each student was given a statesman to research and then, we would convene. Adair's person was Rufus King. I cannot tell you a single thing Rufus King did but I will always know Adair played him because I chanted Rufus, Rufus, Rufus while she did. Adair will always be Rufus. I love that is what her pieces will say. 

Some pieces are adorned with the names of the ones who gave; some are in honor of grandchildren, children, and past teachers. Some have funny inside jokes on them. All I know is that when they were coming in yesterday, I smiled, I cried, I laughed out loud... I felt loved and appreciated and validated. That's a rare gift! Thank you all who have given so far! Oma's House is going to be filled with so much love because of you.

860 pieces to go... What will your pieces say?

No comments:

Post a Comment