Wednesday, March 2, 2022

The Journey to Oma's House

I am going to be an Oma!! My amazing son and beautiful, smart, and incredibly kind daughter-in-love are having a boy due in August! To say I am excited is an understatement. I have wanted to be a grandmother since they married. Honestly, it's been hard to not be that annoying mom who asks constantly when they're going to have children. 7 years later, I am going to be an Oma!

The bad news is that Taylor & Molly live about 6 hours away from me. This is not an ideal Oma situation. I want to be there to snuggle him, to babysit him, to watch him crawl, and walk, and run. I want to be amazed by his cute little babbling IN PERSON. I want to be close enough that when he is sick and Molly has a full client schedule and Taylor cannot just call into the Marines that I can take the day off to rock him, feed him chicken soup, and read Where the Wild Things Are for the hundredth time. I need to move closer.

Full disclosure: I have never bought a house before. I honestly have no clue what's involved. I have asked a lot of people and what I have found is that it's complicated and scary and incredibly expensive. Not just the houses in this seller's market, but the entire process. I thought maybe other people haven't bought houses either. Maybe, you have also been through a divorce, a career change, have been a single mother, you have travelled, and bought books and donated to charities, maybe you have just lived life and never bought a house because you have rented really nice homes so why buy. Maybe, you are like me... Well, I need to move closer to my grandbaby and that puts me in a touristy area where purchasing a home is much cheaper than renting. So, I need to buy a house. For Lent, I thought I would sell something each day as I clean out the old house and I will blog each day so I could explain the process along the way. Just because you don't know how to do something doesn't mean you shouldn't learn. So, join me as we travel over the valley and through the woods to Oma's House. :) 

40 Days of the Journey to Oma's House for Lent... Life is always an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment